Saturday, May 05, 2018

ME? Listen to Audio?! #17

I listened to two books this week.

The Thirty-Nine Steps. John Buchan. 1915. Dramatised by Bert Coules in 2001. Starring David Robb as Hannay, Tom Baker as Bullivant, William Hope as Scudder, Struan Rodger as Hawk, Tracy Wiles as Charlotte, Phillip Joseph as Johnners, Thomas Arnold as Jopley, Gordon Reid as Chairman and Kenny Blyth as Crofter. Two hours. Episode one; episode two

The Thirty-Nine Steps is an action-packed spy novel. I've never read it so I can't compare it to the book. But it kept my interest! I'm not sure I was so intrigued and hooked that I feel I *must* read the book right this minute. But I am glad I gave it a try.

Sense and Sensibility. Jane Austen. 1811. Read by Karen Savage. Available through Librivox. 11 hours

I've read Sense and Sensibility several times. I always forget just how much I like it until I reread it. Or in this case listen to it! It was a DELIGHT to listen to Austen on audio. My most recent review is from 2014.


© 2018 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: