Saturday, September 09, 2017

Here Comes Teacher Cat

Here Comes Teacher Cat. Deborah Underwood. Illustrated by Claudia Rueda. 2017. 88 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Psst--Cat! I know you're napping, but this is an emergency! Ms. Melba had to go to the doctor! She needs you to teach Kitty School today. Dog is on vacation. And I suspect Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy aren't available either. Yes. There will be kittens there. That's kind of the idea of Kitty School.

Premise/plot: Cat is going to be a substitute teacher for a day. What will Cat teach the kittens?! What will the kittens teach Cat?! What will Ms. Melba think when she returns to her classroom?!

My thoughts: I really LOVED this one. I loved the casual, conversational style. I loved, loved, loved the character of CAT. I thought the sequence of events during the school day was just fun. Overall, I'd definitely recommend it!!!

Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 10 out of 10
© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: