Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Pumpkin the Hamster

Pumpkin the Hamster. (Dr. Kitty Cat #6) Jane Clarke. 2017. Scholastic. 96 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: The old-fashioned telephone on Peanut's desk began to ring.

Premise/plot: This is the sixth book in the Dr. KittyCat series by Jane Clarke. In this one, Dr. KittyCat and Peanut take a group of small animals on a stargazing adventure. On the trip, Pumpkin--the hamster--trips and falls into a hole. Fortunately, he's surrounded by animals--including the doctor--who know how to bandage legs. Why did Pumpkin trip in the dark? Well, it turns out that Pumpkin has bad vision and needs glasses.

My thoughts: I really LOVED this one. I do love the series as a whole. I admit I am very partial and not all that objective. I think this is the most adorable chapter book series for young readers ever. I liked Pumpkin the hamster. I love hamsters, perhaps not as much as cats, but a great deal. Peanuts is definitely growing on me more and more with each book. In this one Peanuts gets to be the hero!


© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Suko said...

Wonderful review, Becky! This does sound like a charming children's book. And one of my daughters had a hamster named Pumpkin!