Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Nate the Great and the Phony Clue

Nate the Great and the Phony Clue. (Nate the Great #4) Marjorie Weinman Sharmat. Illustrated by Marc Simont. 1977. 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I, Nate the Great, am a great detective. I have just solved a big case. It did not look like a big case when it started this morning.

Premise/plot: This case isn't like an ordinary case for Nate. Though he doesn't know that at the beginning. Careful readers can pick up on this from the start: "The Phony Clue." Nate follows clues throughout, but, the first clue is a piece of paper he finds with the word "vita" on it. It's a ripped piece of paper--Nate knows it's part of a larger message. But what is the message, and, who is it for?

My thoughts: Of the books I've read so far in the series, this is my least favorite. Though I must say it was nice to see Annie and Fang again. And also we meet Finley and Pip. I like meeting the kids in the neighborhood. And Nate himself is always fun to spend time with.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: