Thursday, August 03, 2017

Nate the Great and the Lost List

Nate the Great and the Lost List. (Nate the Great #3) Marjorie Weinman Sharmat. Illustrated by Marc Simont. 1975. 80 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: I, Nate the Great, am a busy detective. One morning I was not busy. I was on my vacation. I was sitting under a tree enjoying the breeze with my dog, Sludge, and a pancake. He needed a vacation too.

Premise/plot: Claude interrupts Nate's vacation one morning when he loses a list. Can Nate help him find his lost list? It was an important list--a grocery list of items he needs to bring home from the store. He can't REMEMBER a single thing from the list, so without it, he's likely to get in trouble. Nate takes the case, and, thus begins an interesting case. Nate decides to retrace Claude's steps and let the wind show them which direction it is blowing. The wind leads them straight to Rosamond's house, but, she hasn't seen the list--or so she claims. Can Nate the Great solve this case?! Or will he be too distracted by Rosamond's new recipe for pancakes?

My thoughts: I really, really enjoyed this one so much! I am really loving Nate the Great. The writing continues to be so strong. And Nate's letters to his mom just make me smile nearly every time.

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: