Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Stop Stop

Stop Stop. Edith Thacher Hurd. Illustrated by Clement Hurd. 1961. 64 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: It was Saturday. Suzie's mother and Suzie's father had gone away.

Premise/plot: Miss Mugs is Suzie's babysitter for the day. She is very particular. Everything--everyone--must be very, very clean. Before the two can go to the zoo, everything has to meet her approval. (Even the curtains!) This critical eye continues at the zoo. But some animals don't appreciate her outspoken opinions! One animal has a way of getting back at her!

My thoughts: I grew up with this one. It is fun! I loved the 'justice' of this one. I've always loved elephants. Miss Mugs did need a reminder of what matters most. As an adult, I wonder if the parents picked her BECAUSE she would clean the house top to bottom. I would choose Miss Mugs rather than Amelia Bedelia to babysit.



© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: