Sunday, May 29, 2016

My Thoughts on Lark Rise to Candleford, Season 4

Previously, my thoughts on season one and two and season three.

Season four had a lot of potential. But sadly it was only six episodes. Seasons two and three had twelve episodes each. I'd become quite spoiled!!! (Season one had ten episodes).

Three wonderful things happened in season four:

Minnie and Alf are together as a couple and get married by the end of the show!

Gabriel Cochrane. This broken-hearted, down-on-his-luck, unemployed widower comes to town...and Dorcas life may never be the same. Yet. Even though the show is only six episodes, this romance, to me, did not feel forced or rushed. Viewers see him genuinely grieve his loss, and, yet see Dorcas and Gabriel come together in a natural, healthy way. This may be the healthiest romance depicted for Dorcas.

Thomas Brown and Margaret are going to be parents!!! This announcement scene--when the Pratt sisters try to let him know WHY Margaret has been acting the way she has--is so adorably cute!!!


My favorite episodes would probably me the third and sixth episode. My least favorite episode would definitely be the fifth one. The one with all the cricket. The scenes with Margaret dressing as a guy and attempting to walk and talk like a man were just awkward and cringe-worthy.

I would definitely recommend this series!!! I enjoyed the Lark Rise folk and the Candleford residents!

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

2 comments:

Joy Weese Moll said...

This sounds like a good series. It looks like I have access to it through Amazon -- should be fun!

Anonymous said...

We watched one episode each evening and are devastated that it is ending. We grew to love each character
Very well acted. Loved the sets and clothing. Felt authentic. The situations seemed very real