Saturday, January 30, 2016

Ten Authors I Want To Read More of In 2016


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
Technically, I should have posted this on TUESDAY. But better late than never! This week was a freebie week.

1.  L.M. Montgomery. I want to read all the Anne books this year. Perhaps I should say reread all the Anne books this year. This past week I reviewed Anne of Green Gables.

2. Mark Twain. In December, I read A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court. In January, I read Joan of Arc. I'm definitely in the mood for Twain. I'm not sure which book I'll get to next. But I want to read more, more, more!

3. C.S. Lewis. Last year, I got the chance to reread The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I'd love to finish up with the series this year. And perhaps even reread The Screwtape Letters.

4. J.R.R. Tolkien. Last year, I discovered the joy that is the Extended Editions of the Lord of the Rings. This year, I'd like to reread the books. (I also read several of his books last year. Just not LOTR).

5. Elizabeth Gaskell. I would love to read all her novels this year. But at the very, very least I want to reread North and South. It's been years since I first read Wives and Daughters. That would be a great one to get to this year!

6. Charles Todd. I "like" both mystery series. But the Bess Crawford series is my favorite. I'd love to read more from both series in 2016.

7. Susan Wittig Albert. I'd love to finish her Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter series.

8. Anne Perry. I've just started her William Monk series. I know she has a Victorian mystery series as well.

9. Anthony Trollope. A given for me in any year since I first discovered him.

10. Jennifer A. Nielsen. I'd love to reread some!

© 2016 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

The Bookish Booky said...

Great list! I have a few authors I want to read too! This gives me inspiration for a blog post!

Christina T said...

I love your list! I am currently rereading The Lord of the Rings. It's been over ten years since I read it and I'd forgotten quite a bit (I remember the movies more). I also want to reread the Natnia books and read the ones I never read. I still haven't finished the Anne of Green Gables series either so that is on my TBR list for someday.

I loved North and South! I liked Cranford though I prefer the miniseries and I haven't read Wives and Daughters but I really liked that miniseries too.

Marce said...

Charles Todd is on my list to try, a few of his books have intrigued me.

Kailana said...

Good luck with your goals!