Thursday, March 19, 2015

2015 Challenges: Once Upon A Time IX

Host: Stainless Steel Droppings
Name: Once Upon A Time, sign up post, review site,
Dates: March 21 - June 21, 2015
# of Books:  Quest the First, 5 Books, (They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres.)

What I Read:

1) Dragon Slippers. Jessica Day George. 2007. Bloomsbury USA. 324 pages. [Source: Library]
2) Seraphina. Rachel Hartman. 2012. Random House. 499 pages. [Source: Library]
3) Book of Earth (Bradamante Saga #1) Robin Brande. 2015. Ryer Publishing. 395 pages. [Source: Review copy]
4) Twice Upon A Time: Rapunzel The One With All The Hair. Wendy Mass. 2006. Scholastic. 205 pages. [Source: Review copy]
5) Three Tales of My Father's Dragon. Ruth Stiles Gannett. Illustrated by Ruth Chrisman Gannett. 1987. Random House. 242 pages. [Source: Library]
6) Princess Academy. Shannon Hale. 2005. Bloomsbury. 314 pages. [Source: Library]
7) Palace of Stone. (Princess Academy #2) Shannon Hale. 2012. Bloomsbury. 323 pages. [Source: Library]
8) The Forgotten Sisters. (Princess Academy #3) Shannon Hale. 2015. Bloomsbury. 336 pages. [Source: Review copy]
9) The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. C.S. Lewis. 1950. HarperCollins. 224 pages. [Source: Bought]
10) Prince Caspian. C.S. Lewis. 1951. HarperCollins. 240 pages. [Source: Bought]
11) Dragon Flight. Jessica Day George. Bloomsbury USA. 272 pages. [Source: Library]
12) Dragon Spear. Jessica Day George. 2009. Bloomsbury USA. 248 pages. [Source: Library]
13) Big Over Easy (Nursery Crime #1) Jasper Fforde. 2005. 383 pages. [Source: Library]
14) The Fourth Bear (Nursery Crime #2) Jasper Fforde. 2006.  382 pages. [Source: Library]
15) Shadow Scale. Rachel Hartman. 2015. Random House. 608 pages. [Source: Review copy]
16) The Turnip Princess and Other Newly Discovered Fairy Tales. Franz Xaver Von Schonwerth. Translated by Maria Tatar. 2015. Penguin. 288 pages. [Source: Review copy]
17) Enchantress from the Stars. Sylvia Louise Engdahl. 1970/2003. Penguin. 304 pages. [Source: Review copy]
18) Jack. Liesl Shurtliff. 2015. Random House. 304 pages. [Source: Review copy]
19)  The Magic Pudding. Norman Lindsay. 1918. 144 pages. [Source: Bought]
20) Book of Three. (The Chronicles of Prydain) Lloyd Alexander. 1964. 190 pages. [Source: Bought]
21) The Cottage in the Woods. Katherine Coville. 2015. Random House. 400 pages. [Source: Library]
22) I Know A Story. Miriam Blanton Huber, Frank Seely Salisbury, and Mabel O'Donnell. Illustrated by Florence and Margaret Hoopes. Wonder-Story. 1938/1953, 1962. Harper & Row. 190 pages. [Source: Bought]


What I Plan on Reading:

The Acts of King Arthur and His Noble Knights by John Steinbeck
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale
Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale
The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale
Valiant by Sarah McGuire
Jack: The True Story of Jack and the Beanstalk by Liesl Shurtliff
Mark of the Thief by Jennifer A. Nielsen
A Plague of Bogles by Catherine Jinks
Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen
Lady Thief by A.C. Gaughen
Lion Heart by A.C. Gaughen
Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
Dragon Flight by Jessica Day George
Dragon Spear by Jessica Day George
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Princess of Glass by Jessica Day George
Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
Bringing Narnia Home by Devin Brown
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander
Magic by the Lake by Edward Eager
The Time Garden by Edward Eager
Book of Earth by Robin Brande
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan
The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan
Peter Pan in Scarlet by Geraldine McCaughrean
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
Legends of the Shadow World by Jane Johnson


© 2015 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

7 comments:

DesLily said...

a lot of those i've read.. I see Inkheart there..I have to start thinking of a reread of that I liked that series! Have fun Becky!

Renard Moreau said...

[ Smiles ] Wow, that is a whole lot of reading, Becky!

Vasilly said...

Nice list! I've never read Inkheart, but own a copy of it. I think I'll add it to my own OUAT list. :-)

Cindy Austin said...

You do have some great ones on there. CS Lewis is always a win! Right now I am reading Magdala, it's by Valerie Gross. A cool read about Mary Magdalene and her relationship with Jesus. It does make you look at those events a little differently.

Pauline Stroud said...

I've just signed up for your blog. I love the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and particularly enjoyed Little House on the Prarie. I haven't read Pioneer Girl - I understand it's very different and much darker than Laura's other books. I'm going to visit a Christian bookshop tomorrow (in Birmingham UK)to see if I can buy or order a Rainbow Study Bible (KJV I think).

I love your site and I'm glad that I've found it.

Warm Regards

Pauline

Kailana said...

What I have read by Jessica Day George I have liked. I need to read more from her. Shadow Scale is on my radar, too, but I would really like to reread Seraphina first and just haven't had a chance. Look forward to seeing what you read!

Robin said...

What a great list! I love this challenge and look forward to your reviews!