Friday, January 04, 2013

Classic Children's Literature Month (Jan)

Host: Simpler Pastimes
Event/Challenge: Classic Children's Literature Challenge
Dates: All of January 2013
# of Books: I'm going for 6

1. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery (1908)
2. Pollyanna by Eleanor Porter (1913)
3. The Racketty-Packetty House by Frances Hodgson Burnett (1906)
4. Heidi by Johanna Spyri (1880)
5. The Real Mother Goose (1916)
6. Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (1911)
7. Party Shoes by Noel Streatfeild (1946)
8. Skating Shoes by Noel Streatfeild (1951)



© 2013 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

amanda @ simplerpastimes said...

Welcome to the challenge! I keep seeing Anne of Green Gables on lists and it's making me really want to reread it soon--wonder what I can give up so I have time? I'd not heard of #3 or #7 on your list--if you get to those, I'm very curious to hear about them. (The best part of these events.) Happy reading!

Bellezza said...

Ooh! I should add Anne of Greene Gables to my list, too. So glad to hear that you loved Elizabeth Nesbit (on my post).

Carissa (Regency Woman) said...

What a great idea! I think I'll join in too! I'll have to do some digging to find books that are old enough. I wonder if "Ballet Shoes" is old enough. Hmm.

Becca said...

I was looking for a kidlit challenge and this one looks fun. I will go check it out now! Have fun reading these books!