Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Salon: Watching Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

I love watching musicals, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers is one of my favorites. It's not that I love each and every song, there are only a few musicals that I can say I love EVERY song. But I love so many things about it. To me it's a fun, feel-good film. I love how Millie teaches the remaining single brothers how to court a woman, how to make conversation, how to dance, etc. I love the barn-raising scene. That section is one of my favorites!!! I love the singing and dancing. I also love the song the women sing as the snow falls and the seasons change. That whole sequence has always been a favorite of mine. And there are plenty of scenes that make me smile every time! While I don't necessarily like the attitude of all of the characters, all of the time, there is just enough about the film for me to love. It is also interesting to me that my "favorite brother" continually changes.

Do you have a favorite musical?

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

5 comments:

Anne said...

I really love this musical too, all those brothers are so much fun to watch. My favorite musical is My Fair Lady. I love every song in it.

Heidenkind said...

I really like this musical, too. I'm not sure what my favorite musical is. Maybe The Slipper and the Rose?

CharmedLassie said...

You're right, this is a fantastic musical! My favourite brother is constantly Gideon, mainly because of the way he stands up to Adam in the end.

My favourite musical is a tricky one. I like Judy Garland's The Harvey Girls but also Singin' in the Rain, Easter Parade and Funny Face.

Jen Robinson said...

I don't know that I have a favorite. But I do like this one. And South Pacific.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Thanks for the reminder to watch one of my all-time favorite musicals. I used to watch this one over and over - even though I'd fast forward through a few songs :)