Sunday, January 10, 2010

Library Loot: First Trip in 2010


So, I finally made it to the library. And here is what I got...

The Martian Race by Gregory Benford
Hannah Coulter by Wendell Berry
How Do I Love Thee by Nancy Moser
The Edge of the World by Kevin J. Anderson
According to Jane by Marilyn Brant
Drift: Stories by Victoria Patterson
The Moment Between by Nicole Baart
Dune by Frank Herbert
Sweet Thursday by John Steinbeck
Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Red Pony by John Steinbeck
The Vintage Bradbury: Ray Bradbury's Own Selection of His Best Stories
The Museum of Mary Child by Cassandra Golds
Gregor the Overlander by Suzanne Collins
The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume 2B: The Greatest Science Fiction Novellas of All Time

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

10 comments:

Molly said...

What a great assortment of books, Becky! I am particularly drawn to The Vintage Bradbury collection.

Happy Reading!

Laura H said...

I really enjoyed The Gregor series.

Heather G. said...

You've some good ones in there, except for according jane...not my fave, but hope you enjoy the rest!

Vasilly said...

I see lots of Steinbeck in your loot. Are you going to host the mini-challenge again this year?

Anonymous said...

Taking another stab at "Dune"? :) L.

Marg said...

I really liked the one Steinbeck I have read. I must try and read more!

Enjoy your loot.

Debi said...

I hope you have better luck with The Red Pony than I did...I positively hated that book. But loved the very few others I've read of his. And I actually just started The Grapes of Wrath yesterday. :)

Eva said...

I'm reading a cultural history of the US 30s right now, and it's making me want to go on a Steinbeck Spree! So enjoy it!

Carol H Rasco said...

Wow, what a listing; sounds like a lot of good reading is in front of you! Will look forward to reading your comments / reviews on these. I love Steinbeck, haven't read or re-read his books lately, you have inspired me here!

Anonymous said...

This is a meme I really should join...especially now that I'm getting back into the library more this year!