Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hour 1/24 Introduction Meme Mini-Challenge

This mini-challenge comes from Darcie and it is an introduction meme.

Where are you reading from today? My home in Texas. More specifically, my bedroom.

3 Facts About Me...

Most (but not all) of the books on my reading list today are borrowed books from the Texas Woman's University review center. Our next Librarians Choices meeting is July 8th. So this readathon is good motivation to get to those specific books.

I was super super excited when Coraline the graphic novel came in the mail this week!!! It was really hard to try to save it for this weekend.

I love to read, obviously, but reading during the day makes me super sleepy. While reading at night keeps me up. I'll try to keep from napping, but one good nap wouldn't be a bad idea possibly.

How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours?

  1. Artichoke's Heart by Suzanne Supplee, 276, ARC
  2. The Sherlock Files: The 100 Year Old Secret by Tracy Barrett, 157, ARC
  3. From A Distance by Tamera Alexander, 269, ARC
  4. Coraline the Graphic Novel by Neil Gaiman and P. Craig Russell, 186, review copy
  5. In The Company of Whispers by Sallie Lowenstein, 379, review copy; slip of paper says doesn't release until September.
  6. Skin Deep by E.M. Crane
  7. The Hanging Woods by Scott Loring Sanders
  8. Suddenly Supernatural: School Spirit by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel
  9. Eleven by Patricia Reilly Giff
  10. Frozen Fire by Tim Bowler
  11. Black Pearls by Louise Hawes
  12. Mariah Mundi (Midas Box) by G.P. Taylor
  13. Hurricane Song by Paul Volponi
  14. The Richest Doll in the World by Polly Robertus
  15. Geek Magnet by Kieran Scott
  16. The Trials of Kate Hope by Wick Downing
  17. Girlwood by Claire Dean

Those are the books in my TBR pile. But I'd be happy to get to six or seven.

Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (number of books, number of pages, number of hours, number of comments on blogs)

I didn't plan on having any goals. I want to read as many books as possible WHILE actively participating in the blogosphere. I like commenting. I like it when people comment on my posts. It gives me energy and makes me happy. So I like to do the same for others. I like the mini-challenges too. I know I could read more if I was online less. But I'd rather do both.

Any advice for people doing this for the first time...

read your longer books during the day when you're most awake, save your shorter books for when you're sleepy
don't be afraid to abandon boring books for this weekend at least
have fun by going with the flow don't worry about sticking to plans

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! While I'm not participating this year, I hope to pop in every once in a while!

Kristi said...

Good luck, Becky! I've never heard of any of the books on your list (except Coraline, but I didn't know it was coming out in a graphic novel format). Can't wait to hear what you think of them. I'll be back later to see how you're doing...

alisonwonderland said...

i love the blog community aspect of this event too! it's amazing to me that we can actually be having a shared experience when we're all over the world!

happy read-a-thon!

Ana S. said...

Go Becky go! I look forward to your thoughts on the Coraline graphic novel. I'm really curious about that one.

chrisa511 said...

You got a review copy of the Coraline graphic novel?! I'm so jealous! Hope you have tons and tons of fun today Becky!! I'll be cheering you along :)

Darcie said...

Great advice - I wouldn't be surprised if you read all the books on your list!!