Friday, June 13, 2008

Blogger-Book-Keyword Meme

I borrowed this meme from Nymeth. Let's call it the Blogger-Book-Keyword Meme. The rules:
  • Pick 5 blogging friends (it can be more if you'd like);
  • For each of them, think of a book that reminds you of them, or that you think they'd like;
  • Explain in 3 to 5 keywords or short phrases why you think they'd enjoy the book, or why it reminded you of them;
  • If you know for sure that the person has read the book in question, then pick another, but if you're not quite sure, go ahead and use it anyway;
  • If you have reviewed the books in question, you can link to your reviews;
  • Tagging others is not necessary, but feel free to do so.
Chris. The Underneath by Kathi Appelt. Unique and quirky. A bit dark.  Kate diCamillo-esque. Lyrical prose.
Natasha and Sarah MillerClimbing the Stairs by Padma Venkatraman. World War II. Historical Fiction. Multicultural. Bookworms.
Debi. and CarlAdoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson. Futuristic. Suspenseful. Science Fiction. Meaning-of-life.

Sometimes when I'm reading I do get that feeling...an educated guess...that maybe just maybe a certain blogging friend would *really* like a book if they picked it up. I often don't say anything too directly though.

A few books I think EVERYONE should at least give a courageous try to read are:

The Giver by Lois Lowry
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson
Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston



Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 comments:

Sarah Miller said...

Looks like my TBR pile just gained another inch or two...

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I'm off to check out Climbing the Stairs and to visit Sarah as we seem to have similar reading interests. And you described me exactly!

chrisa511 said...

The Underneath sounds great! That's going straight onto the wishlist :) You know me well! You've recommended some great books too...I must say you have great taste in books ;) Like Sarah my TBR pile just grew...

Debi said...

Thanks, Becky! Your opinions count for a lot in my book, so I will definitely be picking this one up! And probably the other two you mentioned as well. :)

Ana S. said...

Thanks for playing, Becky! You got me curious about that book you recommended to Chris. Kate diCamillo-esque... sounds great!

And I know just what you mean. Sometimes when I read a book I think that this or that blogger would just love it, but I'm reluctant to tell them so directly because we all have enough in our TBR piles and wishlists as it is. Hence the meme :P