Monday, December 31, 2007

The To Be Reviewed Pile is Collapsing...

I currently have nine books waiting to be reviewed. 7 of them are Cybils books. 2 of them are just-for-the-fun of it books. The problem? It's New Years' Eve and I'm feeling a teeny tiny bit overwhelmed. I feel like I'm starting the new year off behind. But some things can't be helped. Another problem--a big problem in some ways--it has now been almost two weeks since I finished a few of these. That means that for the most part, my impressions are fading and fading fast. I don't know how to fix this problem. If I review the books freshest on my mind, the others will fade away completely. And if I review the ones I'm already beginning to forget, then these newer ones will start to fade away before I get a chance to write their reviews. It's a never ending cycle it seems. I feel like Lucy at the chocolate factory.

3 comments:

Sonya said...

This is a hilarious episode of Lucy! I love it! I'm trying to pull together my mini-Austen challenge and post it tonight so I know what you mean about feeling behind! Thanks for hosting some awesome challenges!

Unknown said...

Becky,
I know exactly how you feel...I've got a ton of reviews to write and more books waiting. That's why I'm up at 3:00. Good luck with everything and Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky,
We went to bed early, but I spent the day finishing and delivering Time Spies #10. I can't remember when I didn't have a book due on New Year's Eve. I'm looking forward to your challenges and maybe even finishing one in 2008! Happy New Year!
Candice