Monday, May 01, 2017

Minerva Louise

Minerva Louise. Janet Morgan Stoeke. 1988. 24 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Minerva Louise loved the house with the red curtains.

Premise/plot: Minerva Louise explores the house with the red curtains in this picture book. It is the first in a series starring this lovable hen. She may not be the smartest chicken, but, she may be the funniest. For example, "a comfortable chair...and friendly cows." The chair is a flower pot. The 'friendly cow' is a kitten.

My thoughts: I like this one very much. I don't know if I love, love, love Minerva Louise yet. But. I am curious about this CURIOUS chicken. I want to see what other types of adventures she has. Will definitely be returning to the library for more!

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: