Monday, March 13, 2017

Runaway Bunny

Runaway Bunny. Margaret Wise Brown. Illustrated by Clement Hurd. 1942. 48 pages. [Source: Library]

First sentence: Once there was a little bunny who wanted to run away. So he said to his mother, "I am running away." "If you run away," said his mother, "I will run after you. For you are my little bunny." "If you run after me," said the little bunny, "I will become a fish in a trout stream and I will swim away from you." "If you become a fish in a trout stream," said his mother, "I will become a fisherman and I will fish for you."

Premise/plot: Will the little bunny run away from his home? Will his mother let him go? Just how much does she love her little bunny?

My thoughts: I like this one. I don't know that I love, love, love it. But it's a very sweet story starring bunnies. It blends black and white illustrations with color illustrations. This one was first published in 1942.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 3 out of 5
Total: 7 out of 10


© 2017 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

My girls loved this one. We had a board book of it. I always found it a little creepy!