Saturday, April 26, 2014

Week in Review: April 20-26

Melisande. E. Nesbit. Illustrated by P.J. Lynch. 1901/1988/1999. Candlewick. 48 pages. [Source: Book I Bought] 
Meet Me in St. Louis: A Trip to the 1904 World's Fair. Robert Jackson. 2004. HarperCollins. 144 pages. [Source: Bought]
The House of Arden. E. Nesbit. 1908. 242 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Rump: The True Story of Rumpelstiltskin. Liesl Shurtliff. 2013. Random House. 272 pages. [Source: Review copy]
When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman. 1994. Random House. 746 pages. [Source: Bought]
Ten Cents A Dance. Christine Fletcher. 2008/2010. Bloomsbury USA. 368 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Phineas Redux. Anthony Trollope. 1874. 768 pages. [Source: Book I bought]
Sanctified Through the Truth. (The Assurance of Salvation #3) D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 1989. Crossway. 153 pages. [Source: Bought]
Growing in the Spirit (Assurance of Salvation #4) D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 1989. Crossway. 158 pages. [Source: Bought]
For Such A Time. Kate Breslin. 2014. Bethany House. 430 pages. [Source: Review copy]
Love Comes Calling. Siri Mitchell. 2014. Bethany House. 400 pages. [Source: Review copy]

This week's favorite:

It was a very tough decision this week! I loved, loved, loved Melisande by E. Nesbit! I also loved The House of Arden. I wouldn't say I loved it as much as Melisande or as much as The Phoenix and the Carpet, but E. Nesbit is WONDERFUL. I also loved Kate Breslin's For Such A Time. This historical romance is set during World War II. It was quite the read! I highly recommend it! But. Meet Me in St. Louis is a GREAT nonfiction read. One of the few nonfiction books I've wanted to read again, again. I found it to be well researched and very fascinating.

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: