Saturday, January 25, 2014

Week in Review: January 19-25

Good Morning, Miss Dove. Frances Gray Patton. 1954. 218 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Pastwatch The Redemption of Christopher Columbus. Orson Scott Card. 1996. Tor.  351 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
Lady of the English. Elizabeth Chadwick. 2011. Sourcebooks. 544 pages. [Source: Library]
A Corner of White. Jaclyn Moriarty. 2013. Scholastic. 375 pages. [Source: Library]
Aquifer. Jonathan Friesen. 2013. Blink. 303 pages. [Source: Library]
Alexander the Conqueror: The Epic Story of the Warrior King. Laura Foreman. 2004. Da Capo Press. 211 pages. [Source: Library]
Dare to Love Again. Julie Lessman. 2014. Revell. 416 pages. [Source: Review copy]

This week's favorite:

Good Morning, Miss Dove was easily my favorite book this week. I've read the book; I've watched the movie. I will say the movie has a definite not ambiguous ending; the book, perhaps, less so. But I want to believe that the book is just as optimistic about Miss Dove's chances for recovery as the movie. 

© 2014 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

No comments: