Sunday, November 04, 2012

Sunday Salon: Watching Sleeping Beauty and Enchanted

I had so much fun watching Snow White and Cinderella that I decided to watch Sleeping Beauty. This is a Disney film that I'm not that familiar with. While I enjoy the song "Once Upon a Dream," the movie isn't as much a favorite of mine. It has playful and argumentative fairies, true, but for me it's just not as magical a movie. (Though I must admit that Prince Phillip is better developed as a character, especially when compared with Prince Charming from Cinderella.) Watching the behind-the-scenes feature helped me to appreciate this one a little more. The Disney film doesn't exactly resemble the fairy tale--at least not as told in the Blue Fairy Book. But. That might not be a bad thing!!!

I also decided to watch Enchanted. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the movie Enchanted. It is such a great feel-good film. So fun, so playful, so satisfying, so giddy-making!!! I love the songs, the story, the characters; I just love it all. I think it was fun to watch Enchanted again after having just seen Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty.

Do you have a favorite scene from Sleeping Beauty or Enchanted?

© 2012 Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

Hi I just stumbled across your blog and I see that we have similar reading tastes, so I am now your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by my blog and check it out. I really hope to see you there and happy reading!

Kimberlee
http://girllostinabook.blogspot.com