Friday, June 11, 2010

Library Loot: Third Trip in June

I'm bordering on having too many library books out at a time--for my sanity, that is. Have you ever been overwhelmed by having too many choices at a time? You might think the easy solution would be to just check out fewer books at a time. Or to return all the books and take a break from the library for a few weeks. But indecisiveness is the problem--and there are no easy answers for that.

New Loot:

The Moonstone; The Haunted Hotel; My Lady's Money by Wilkie Collins
The Hollow Kingdom by Clare Dunkle
Vilette by Charlotte Bronte
Desolation Road by Ian McDonald
Ares Express by Ian McDonald
Hidden Empire by Orson Scott Card

Leftover Loot:

Soulless by Gail Carriger (I picked this one up because of Jennie)
The Curse of Chalion by Lois McMaster Bujold
The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander
The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander
The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Z for Zachariah by Robert C. O'Brien
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Steve Hockensmith
Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce
In the Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce
The Woman Who Rides Like a Man by Tamora Pierce
The Proposal by Lori Wick
The Rescue by Lori Wick
The Visitor by Lori Wick
Armadale by Wilkie Collins
Dogwood by Chris Fabry
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, good ... there's someone else like me who has too much Library Loot! :) Mine is getting to the point of being ridiculous. And we're going again tomorrow!

Jennie said...

Melissa- there's a reason I don't participate in this meme. The size of my library loot is way to embarrassing (working there just makes it worse.)

Becky-- I really hope you like Soulless. I'm also interested to see your thoughts on Dawn of the Dreadfuls.

Bina said...

Haha, great, now I`m feeling better about my library book pile :)
Hope you enjoy The Moonstone, I want to read it soon as well. Happy reading!

Shelley said...

I always overdo it at the library, and I go about 3-4 times a week. There are usually books left unread, but I can't help myself!