Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Library loot: First Week in August


I had no self-control this week. It's a week of experimentation. I ended up bringing home ten new-to-me authors. Good news? I could fall in love with a lot of new authors in the next few weeks. Of course, it's a risk as well. I could end up not loving a few of these. This week I brought home:

The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
Parable of the Talents by Octavia E. Butler
Lilith's Brood by Octavia E. Butler (3 books in 1)
Lost Illusions by Honore de Balzac
The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow
Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini
Darcy's Story by Janet Aylmer
The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon
The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory
The Shadow Thieves by Anne Ursu
The Siren Song by Anne Ursu

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

8 comments:

Suko said...

Wow! You brought home a feast! I would love to read The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, having seen the movie recently (because I was intrigued by the idea that it was based on F. Scott Fitzgerald's short story). Some of the other titles are interesting as well. You're lucky to have such a well-stocked library!

Kathy Martin said...

I remember reading _The Robe_ when I was in junior high after seeing the movie with Richard Burton on television. I adored it at the time (mid1960s) and still remember it fondly. It will be interesting to hear if it stands up to the test of time.

Ceri said...

The five books in the Flowers in the Attic series are my guilty pleasure. And I love anything by Anne Rice. I also have The Other Queen on my TBR pile so I can't wait to hear what you think of these. :-)

Elena said...

I've not read any of the books in your list, but one thing I can tell for sure is that you're going to be busy this week!

Enjoy the reading.

Booklogged said...

And you'll probably get them all read. I would leave them on my shelf for ages, maybe reading a couple of them only.

Zibilee said...

It looks like you got some really good stuff this time. I will be looking forward to some of these reviews, especially the Phillipa Gregory...her books are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Melissa said...

That is an impressive list... but Flowers in the Attic?! Really?! *eyebrows raised* Really?! Okay...

Becky said...

Melissa, I wanted to judge for myself on Flowers in the Attic. I really enjoyed the review at Bookshelves of Doom which picked it apart so :)