Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Vote for My Next Book


Which book should I read next.....let your voice be heard....leave a comment...

A. Love You Hate You Miss You by Elizabeth Scott
B. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley
C. Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
D. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

First Sentences:

A) Dear Julia, Get this, I'm supposed to be starting a journal about "my journey." Please. I can see it now...
B) Not to brag or anything, but if you saw me from behind, you'd probably think I was perfect.
C) "Marcelo, are you ready?" I lift up my thumb. It means that I am ready. "Okay, I'm going to wheel you in."
D) So she tells me, the words dribbling out with the cranberry muffin crumbs, commas dunk in her coffee. She tells me in four sentences. No, five. I can't let me hear this, but it's too late. The facts sneak in and stab me. When she gets to the worst part...body found in a motel room, alone...my walls go up and my doors lock. I nod like I'm listening, like we're communicating, and she never knows the difference. It's not nice when girls die.


© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

19 comments:

Lenore Appelhans said...

Such a difficult choice! I loved both B and D and I'm very much looking forward to A. I guess I'll go with A, because I want to hear what you have to say about it.

Melissa O. said...

I'd like you to read North of Beautiful. I enjoy reading your insights in your reviews and would love to hear your thoughts on this one. It's on my TBR list at the moment :-)

Ana S. said...

I vote for Marcelo in the Real World, because I don't think I've ever seen it reviewed anywhere and it has a gorgeous cover :P

prophecygirl said...

I'd go for North of Beautiful. It sounds amazing.

Erika Powell said...

I'm about to start North of Beautiful so I vote that one, then we can compare reviews

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I'd say either A or c. I've already seen reviews of B and D that make me want to read them, but haven't heard much of the other two.

Already jealous that you have a copy of North of Beautiful.

Megan said...

I don't think I've read any reviews for A or B yet, so my vote is for one of them!

di said...

A B and D sound good, but I'd especially love to see what you think of B, since it's the only one I've read/reviewed so far.

Anonymous said...

North of Beautiful...I'm in love with that book. :)

Confuzzled Shannon said...

I vote A.

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to go with D! yea!

Anonymous said...

Wintergirls for sure. Read it and loved it. Lots of votes for North of Beautiful. I'm going to have to look into that.

Ambrosia @ The Purple Booker said...

Wintergirls would get my vote, heh.

Joe Cottonwood said...

Marcelo has a gorgeous cover. The other 3 have generic blah covers, so naturally I expect generic blah stories. I'm speaking for guys here - no guy would even open those covers. Reward good covers. Read Marcelo.

chrisa511 said...

Based on first sentences I'm going to have to go with Wintergirls...but based on the cover, Marcelo for sure! And I always choose my books by cover :p So Marcelo!

Debi said...

Based on first sentences, I'd have to say D. And just so I don't look like I'm copying Chris, I'll just stick with that choice. :)

Mo said...

well, they are all "new to me", and so based on the sentences you listed, and the cover art besides, I'm going to say "Winter Girls" (D), as well!

Happy Reading!

Alessandra said...

I'd want to read Wintergirls.

Tif Sweeney said...

I vote D!!