Thursday, February 19, 2009

Booking Through Thursday: Storage

btt button

This week’s question is suggested by Kat:

I recently got new bookshelves for my room, and I’m just loving them. Spent the afternoon putting up my books and sharing it on my blog . One of my friends asked a question and I thought it would be a great BTT question. So from Tina & myself, we’d like to know “How do you arrange your books on your shelves? Is it by author, by genre, or you just put it where it falls on?”

Shelves? You think I have shelves for my books? Ha! Double ha! I don't suggest you have as many books as I do. And it's not like I'm particularly proud of my cardboard chaos. I do have a semi-system in place. I separate into many categories: 2009 novels, 2009 picture books, picture books (previous years), novels (YA and middle, previous years), christian books, adult books, and one-and-a-half boxes of early readers. Oh, and board books. I've got two or three boxes of board books. Every book that I receive for review is entered into a database and then enters one of my boxes; each side of the room has different categorized-boxes. So I generally know which section is which, but the location of exact titles can be tricky. It's a system that is reliant partly on memory and partly on luck.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews
If you're reading this post on another site, or another feed, the content has been stolen.

7 comments:

Melissa O. said...

I'm jealous of how many books you must have. I dream of one day having a library like the one in Disney's Beauty and the Beast. For now I'm content with having a few book shelves scattered throughout our house. BTW, I'm new to the book review blogging world (melissas-bookshelf.blogspot.com) and I LOVE your site. It's a new favorite!

Becky said...

Thanks for visiting, Melissa! I think that is one of my reasons for loving Beauty & The Beast so much. A heroine that reads. A heroine whose heart can be won with a look at that library!

Olga said...

Sounds like a system only you would know! If anyone else were to try and find something they'd be hard-pressed, right?

SmilingSally said...

I often wonder how many books per week you read. Here's my answer:
http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/2009/02/booking-through-thursday-storage.html

Penny said...

I am so jealous of you and your book collection. Someday I will have a collection like that...someday when I find a bunch of hidden money buried in the backyard by a previous owner of the house...someday when my children stop loving their books to pieces (literally)...someday when my husband finally lets me near a bookstore without supervision...someday. :)

Douglas Florian said...

I sort books purely by color.

claire said...

Wow, I'm actually glad I don't have that many books right now.. I wouldn't know where to start organizing! :D