Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BBYA Fun

Best Books for Young Adults (BBYA)'s Top Ten has been posted. I am just thrilled to see Ten Cents A Dance on the list. Sure, Hunger Games and Nation are there too. But you'd expect them to be there. And this is not the only title on the list that might surprise people.

I've only read three on the list. And there were four that were completely-new-to-me...never-ever-ever heard of them.

The complete list of BBYA for this year is 86 titles long. It has quite a few that I've read--and some that I've just loved. Many of the titles were Cybils nominees and some finalists as well.

The ALA Notables List (for younger readers not teens) is also available now. Read it here.
SLJ's Best of 2008.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for Christine and TEN CENTS A DANCE!! Just so happens I'm meeting her and a couple of other authors tonight for drinks. Now we have something to celebrate!