Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Midsummer Night's Challenge



A Midsummer Night's Challenge
host: A Chain of Letters
dates: June 1, 2008 - June 25th, 2008
books required: 2--one by Shakespeare

  1. Read A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare. Your copy from High School (if you still have it) is fine.

  2. Then read at least one other book/graphic novel connected to or based on A Midsummer Night’s Dream (possible works listed below).

  3. Blog about this supplementary work, comparing it to the original

I've read the Manga Shakespeare edition of A Midsummer's Night Dream. I will *probably* be using that. There are a few books in my tbr pile, however, that feature Titania and Oberon. I might read those if time permits. (Frewin Jones' Faerie Path series. #2 The Lost Queen and #3 The Sorcerer King.)

I've already read this series. But if you're looking for more books that would probably qualify (check with the host, first) then Michael Buckley's Sister Grimm series is fun. I don't think the first book features Puck. But most of the sequels feature Puck. He's one of the main characters in fact. And in one of the books, the fourth one I believe, they go to New York City and meet King Oberon and Queen Titania.

© Becky Laney of Becky's Book Reviews

1 comment:

Clare - The Super Mommy Club said...

I am definitely signing up for this one! Thanks for letting me know about it Becky :)