Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fall Into Reading Update/Pre-Wrap-Up

I had listed fourteen books for this one. While I've read at least sixty (if not a hundred) books since September 23rd, I still haven't managed to finish all fourteen I listed. My number? 9 of the 14. I don't look at it as a failure however. How could I? I'm on the Cybils YA Nominating Panel, I've read over fifty books for that alone in these fall months. Not to mention the reading I've done for Librarians' Choices. So my original 14 were

Epic by Conor Kostick
Runemarks by Joanne Harris
The Sweet, Terrible, Glorious Year I Truly, Completely Lost It by Lisa Shanahan
Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes
The Silver Cup by Constance Leeds
Into the Woods by Lyn Gardner
Total Constant Order by Crissa Jean Chappell
Before, After, and Somebody In Between by Jeannine Garsee
Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
Leonardo’s Shadow by Christopher Grey
A Crooked Kind of Perfect by Linda Urban
Memoirs of A Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
If A Tree Falls At Lunch Period by Gennifer Choldenko
Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor

You can see I've given links for the nine I've read. By far my favorite of the bunch is A Crooked Kind of Perfect. I love, love, love that book. I still plan on reading the others, but I'm realistic about it too. They'll get read when I come across them again in my boxes. And I'm not even going to start looking in my boxes for them until after the Cybils are over. And the Cybils won't be over, for me, until the first weekend of January. So since the challenge ends in the next week or two, I'm not going to get to anything else on the list.

The challenge is hosted by Callapidder Days. It runs from September 23rd through December 21rst.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Becky, I do so sympathize. I listed almost 30 books for the challenge, which normally is not a problem at all in 3 months, however I did not take into consideration that I would be on the Cybils Middle Grade fiction panel. It's kicking my reading butt!

Nise' said...

Great job! I just saw A Crooked Kind of Perfect at the Library. I will pick it up the next time I am there.